Saturday, October 28, 2006

Interfacing with the dream world

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I seem to have been interfacing with my dreams a lot the last several months, maybe even the last year or few. I have been noticing it more the last few months as I keep seeming to wake up with memories of thoughts that seem to relate to some overarching theme that has apparently been concerning me, at least in the dreamworld, for quite some time.

A lot of it seems to have to do with language. Of course a lot of it seems clear as I awake then fades rapidly as I focus on the waking world, so I am not sure how clear it really is or was, but there seems to be quite a bit of consistency over time. That is what gives the impression that my sleeping mind is working on something. It seems to be coming back to much the same kind of stuff day after day, week after week, month after month. I have the impression that it is getting somewhere with it, not merely going round in circles.

I think it is partly because writing has been on my mind a lot. I want to write something that is worth writing, and much of the kinds of stuff I would like to write about is difficult to formulate clearly (if at all). I have been studying and practicing magick and mysticism most of my life and maybe it is getting toward time for all of that study to come together into something.

-MarkM-

No comments: