Monday, October 30, 2006

I've started a novel set in Halifax: The Wyvern Street Irregulars

Woo Hoo! I have started a novel set in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

I didn't think I get started on one so soon, but it is coming together okay so far.

So far I have gone with a description-sparse style. The less descriptive detail the less there is for Hollywood to get wrong, right? ;) Thats as good an excuse as any, maybe? ;)

The genre is pretty standard "good witches and/or occultists versus nasty something(s)". As I read over the first chapter it sure seems pretty standard for the genre to me anyway, and I tell myself I have read quite a few examples of that genre. Possibly the biggest difference is that none of the characters have showed off any British Royalty titles yet, or even Knighthoods. ;) :)

Aaaaanyway, enough said. Go read the at least the first chapter at least. The working title is The Wyvern Street Irregulars.

-MarkM-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that. I will have to read that first chapter later, but I will surely bookmark it.